Spirit Gate Farm is south facing 70 acres of rolling pasture, surrounded by mountains, forest and a streams in the beautiful Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, 40 minutes north of Victoria and 30 minutes south of Nanaimo.
We have fifteen horses that live together in small herds and roam freely around the property during the dry season and have all weather paddocks with large loafing barns.
During the winter they are free to wander through the forest, trails and the smaller fields.
We can provide shuttle service from the Victoria and Nanaimo airports and ferries.
For lodging we recommend:
• Chemanius Best Western,
12 minutes north of the farm: www.chemaniushotel.com
• Quamichan Inn Bed and Breakfast,
10 minutes east of the farm: www.quamichaninn.com
A lovely historical Tudor mansion.
- A 70 x 140 outdoor all weather sand ring
- A separate tack and feed room building with a covered wash and grooming stall with running hot and cold water
- We are fund raising for an indoor arena
- We are constructing a 60’ covered round pen
- An indoor heated separate conference building, with a capacity of 30 people
- Outdoor solar showers and well designed compost toilets
- Trails around the property
- WE are a private facility and do not have boarding horses
- Outdoor garden seating areas
- Al Fresco outdoor dining area
- Constructing a wood fired oven and outdoor kitchen
- Permaculture Edible gardens
- Camping is available for retreats